NILI 38

  Nazarene International Language Institute 


NILI 38 began at Quito Nazarene Seminary on Jan 14th with welcoming Carlynn, Grace, and Elyse from Olivet University.



Below they answer the question...

“What is something culturally different than the US that you have learned about?”


Carlynn: The concept of Carnaval. My family is very into it, and it is definitely a culture shock to get pelted with water at random times in my house!


Grace: How community-oriented everything is. The whole family will go to the grocery store or do something together, which is very different from what I'm used to.


Elyse: The food. I love it, it is so delicious, but my host family is from the coast and it has been interesting getting used to the seafood, as I have never had seafood before in my life.


Please pray for these girls as they continue to adjust to the culture and as they keep open hearts to how God continues to lead them. 


This is the schedule for the year for NILI 


Spring Semester – January 14th – May 1st

Summer Semester – May 20th – July 17th

Fall Semester – August 19th – December 4th


Comments

Popular Posts