Testimony of Presley Esteves


My name is Presley Esteves. I am 23 years old, and I study at the Nazarene Theological Seminary. My family moved to a new house when I was six. Shortly afterwards, the pastor from the nearby Church of the Nazarene visited my parents and asked their permission for me to attend Sunday School. My first day at that church is a day I will remember forever. I fell in love with God. Even at that young age, I felt that I had found what I was searching for. Even though no one in my family was a believer, I was drawn to church and to God. At nine, I began attending the worship services in addition to Sunday School. My desire was to seek God’s presence and to draw close to Him, and I grew in my faith. At 13, I was baptized; I consecrated my life completely to the Lord; and I was called to preach the gospel. I wished to please Him and felt the need to share with the lost that there is a God that loves them and wants to reconcile with them through Jesus Christ.

I am very happy that God has given me the opportunity to prepare myself academically so that I can serve Him in excellence and can communicate His Word with great effectiveness, using the gifts and capabilities that He has given me for His service.

In a world that lacks the knowledge of the Word of God, where there exists deteriorating families, children in the streets, destroyed marriages, mistreated women, and where injustice, immorality and corruption exists, God has annointed me for the challenge—whatever there is to confront. I have no fear because my strength is in the power of Jesus Christ. The reason for which I fight is this—that His Kingdom may be established in every nation, tribe, city, community, church and family. My heart longs to see His Kingdom established in all of the Earth. The Lord has trusted me with this work to proclaim His Word, and I am completely sure that I was born to serve Him. I was set apart and I carry this mark with pride because the Lord is my banner. I will always fight for the cause of Christ. Isaiah 61:1-4.

Comments

Popular Posts